This will be the last P&C newsletter to go out in 2018, so I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the parent volunteers who have put so much time and energy into programs that improve our school:
- P&C Executive: Alison Katona & Sam Flyght (Vice Presidents), Leisha Major (Treasurer), Francis Liu (incoming Secretary) and Kim D’Olier (outgoing Secretary)
- Grants Committee: Alison Katona, Sandy Plummer & Sam Flyght
- School Banking: Michelle Harrison, Iris Ma, Nicole Vial & Nina Henderson
- Events: Alison Katona & Emma White,
- Illumin-Art!: Melissa Derwent, Rebecca Liu & Asian food stall volunteers, Angela Rozmeta & Slav Markovski (teachers)
- Mother’s Day Morning Tea: Kelly & Ryan Hunt
- Father’s Day BBQ: Nick & Ingrid Socratous, John Stanton & the rest of the Oatley RSL Soccer dads!
- Trivia Night: Lauren Sarraf, Natalie Holland and team (silent auction)
- Uniform Shop: Amanda Berto, Billi Ilkovski, Thea Cheng & Kindy Orientation volunteers
- Canteen: Mel Matthews, Ingrid Socratous & all of the parent volunteers who help throughout the year
- Uniform Shop & Canteen Coordinator: Lachlan Derwent
- School Building Fund: Alison Katona, Gemma Larkins, Natalie Yazbek Moses & Leisha Major
- OPS Advisory Group: Simon Chan, Claire Corbett & Sandy Plummer
- Small Change Challenge: Emma White, Lauren Sarraf & Lachlan Derwent
- Greensparks: Matt Heffernan, Claudia Zenassi & Melissa Derwent
- Colour Run: Hayley Derwent
- Entertainment Book sales: Michele Black
- Ice Block Friday: Hayley Derwent, Halley Chan & all the parent volunteers who help out
- Scholastic Book Club: Maria Spiropoulos
- P&C Teacher Liaison: Angela Rozmeta
We are losing a lot of Year 6 families this year, many of whom have been involved in the school for a very long time. I would like to particularly acknowledge Matt Heffernan who has initiated the majority of environmental projects at OPS, as well as Mel and Kel Lupis, who raised thousands of dollars for the school over a period of 12 years through the Fun Run. To the year 6 families that are leaving the school – thank you for your many years of volunteering! You will be sorely missed, but we wish you the very best for the future.
To the teachers – THANK YOU! We are so lucky to have such wonderful teachers at Oatley PS. Thank you for all that you do for our children. Enjoy the school holidays!
To all the parents – thank you for your continued support of the P&C, and for another successful school year. I hope you have a wonderful school break, and I look forward to working with everyone again in 2019!
Regards, Sandy Grekas – P&C President