enrolment oatley public school

The school takes enrolments all year. Kindergarten enrolment for any year requires that your child must turn 5 on or prior to 31st July of that year.

When enrolling you need to bring a birth certificate or passport for your child, immunisation records and proof of address (rates notice, lease agreement, water or land rates etc).

There is a Kindergarten Open Day in Term 3 of each school year prior to your child starting Kindergarten. The school contacts local preschools early in that year advising them of enrolment procedures.

For more information on enrolling please contact the school.

School Boundaries

Oatley Public School is situated near the Georges River drawing students from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds. The School’s feeder area is bound by Hurstville Road to the north, Georges River to the east and south and the railway line to the west and includes the Southern, Llewelyn, Yarran, Boorara street peninsular.


At 4 years or prior to school entry, children are due for injections of combined Measles, Whooping Cough, Diphtheria Tetanus (CDT) vaccine and booster dose of Sabin Oral vaccine.

An immunisation certificate stating whether immunisation has taken place must be presented to the school for all Kindergarten children enrolling. Children who are not immunised may be excluded from school during major epidemics.

Application Forms

Please visit the School Office if you would like an In Area Enrolment Pack.

Students are automatically enrolled if they fall in the Oatley Public School’s feeder area. Click here for a map of our drawing area that shows our boundaries.

Out of Area Enrolment Form (pdf)

Students living outside of the Oatley Public School feeder area are required to complete this form. The School Council will then be consulted for further recommendation of eligibility for acceptance. Please ensure you have completed the specific criteria for out of area placement. Guaranteed enrolments are advised by the end of Term 3 of that same year.

Further Information

More detailed information on various aspects of the school can be obtained from the School Information Booklet and the Annual School Report. The school office may also be contacted to answer specific questions.

School Information Booklet
The school Information Booklet provides all of the day to day information regarding the operation of the school.