The athletics carnival is quickly approaching. Final payment and permission are due Friday 21/6.
Following is an overview of the day:
- 3-6 bus departs school at 8:15am (Students to be at school by 8am)
- K-2 bus departs at 9:20 (Students to be at school by 9am)
- Approx carnival start time: 9am
ORDER OF EVENTS
- HEATS 100m Age Races 12 years to 8 years
- HEATS 50-80m Age Races (7 years – 80m, 6 years – 70m, 5 years – 50m)
- K-2 ‘Novelty’ Athletics at the bottom field
- FIELD EVENTS START – Shot put & discus
- 200m (TIMED FINAL): JUNIOR (8, 9 & 10), 11 years, 12/13 years
- FINALS in 100m Races: 8 years – 12 years
- 800M (TIMED FINAL): JUNIOR (8, 9 & 10), 11 years, 12/13 years.
- HOUSE RELAYS (TIME PERMITTING): One team from each house consisting of a junior boy, junior girl a senior boy and a senior girl.
1:30pm Kindergarten, Year 1 and Year 2 back to school
2:30pm CARNIVAL CONCLUDES- all other grades back to school.
Preliminary trials for field events were run by Got Game during Term 1.
High Jump finals have been completed at school as this event is NOT RUN at the carnival due to time constraints.
Finalists for Long Jump, Shot Put and Discus have been notified and displayed in G-Block.
Long Jump finals will be run at school at lunchtime on Tuesday 25th June.
Students involved in Long Jump finals should wear their sports uniform on Tuesday.